Warm the cockles with this delicious recipe – Hungarian Mixed Bean Goulash (serves 4)
This recipe is so easy and yet so delicious. It is a real winter warmer – just add thick socks!
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g beans, (kidney, butter, mixed etc) drained and rinsed
- Soured Cream
- Garlic bread to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then fry the onion for 5 mins until beginning to soften. Add the paprika and flour, cook for a further min.
- Stir in the tomatoes and 1⁄2 a can of water. Simmer gently for 10 mins until thickened and glossy.
- Tip in the beans and continue to cook for a further 2 mins to just heat through the beans. Spoon into warm bowls, swirl on the soured cream and serve with the garlic bread.