Hello – I’m Caroline and I’m a qualified, registered and fully insured Bowen Therapist, working with clients throughout Rutland and the surrounding areas from my treatment room in Manton, Rutland.
The Bowen Technique is a gentle, yet effective soft tissue therapy that was developed by the late Tom Bowen in Geelong, Australia. It consists of rolling movements over muscles, tendons and ligaments at specific points on the body with pauses between each set of moves.
Rather than focusing on a single complaint, the Bowen Technique addresses the entire body, by restoring balance via the autonomic nervous system (ANS) and can provide relief for many types of injuries and other health problems, both acute and chronic. While there are a few, very specific situations in which a particular ‘procedure’ is not recommended, the Bowen Technique is appropriate for people of all ages, in all degrees of health.
The effects of the treatment address the whole body and frequently result in a sense of relaxation that allows the body to re-energise.
A number of conditions respond well to treatment including:
- neck and back problems, Sciatica
- hip or pelvic discomfort, postural imbalance and leg length discrepancy
- knee and foot problems including plantar fasciitis
- frozen shoulder, RSI, tennis elbow and carpal tunnel
- respiratory conditions such as asthma and hayfever
- migraines, headaches and jaw problems
- stress related issues including digestive disorders
- chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and ME
At the moment I am offering an introductory offer: course of 3 sessions £100 – the usual price £120. You can alternatively try a single session for £40.
Contact Caroline on 0766 832292