Later this year The Sheffield Yoga School are hosting the R.Y.E. (Research on Yoga in Education)Foundation Module.
R.Y.E is a worldwide organisation and this is a highly respected training course. The course trains participants in the use of a wide range of Yoga techniques for working with children, particularly in education.
The benefits of Yoga in education are widely recognized now and this top quality training course will enable teachers, therapists and parents to make good, practical use of Yoga in their work with children.
Who is the course for?
The training is open to school teachers & trainee teachers, teaching assistants and special needs teachers; also to therapists, Yoga teachers who work with children, and to parents.
Previous experience of Yoga is useful but not essential.
Dates & Themes
- Saturday 12th May : Learning Through the Body
- Sunday 13th May : RYE Techniques for the Curriculum
- Saturday 16th June : Emotions in the Classroom (Ways to calm tension & conflicts, enhancing motivation, concentration & learning)
- Saturday 14th July : Preparation for Exams (Practices to improve concentration & self-confidence in stressful situations)
- Saturday 22nd September : Relaxation in the Classroom
- Saturday 27th October : Yoga and Children with Special Needs
Kerry Gallagher is a qualified art teacher with experience of special needs in primary & secondary school. She is also a Place2Be therapist counselling children in school
Lynn Parrott is a qualified primary teacher, working as a teaching assistant in primary integrating RYE yoga techniques in the classroom
Both trainers are qualified British Wheel of Yoga teachers with 15 years of experience teaching yoga to adults and children.
The fee for the course is £390.00; the deposit is £100.00.
This is a substantial reduction on the usual fee for the course. In London this training is well over £500.00.
The course is held in Sheffield Yoga School, South Road, Sheffield, S6 3TA.
How to Apply
You can contact the teachers directly by emailing email@example.com